Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareSomeSauce #CollectiveBias
When I heard about Texas Pete’s Tribe, I knew I found my people. A whole Tribe of passionate foodies who love buffalo sauce and siracha as much as I do? Sign me up! I love talking about pizza and food in general with people, and when I meet someone else who’s passionate about food, there’s a sense of kinship right away. Texas Pete’s Tribe is the perfect embodiment of that vibe- check them out here.
I was so excited to collaborate with Texas Pete on my revamped buffalo chicken pizza recipe, based on my famous buffalo chicken dip. My Texas Pete buffalo chicken pizza recipe is perfect for when you want to impress your friends at a home tailgate party, with a fun spin on buffalo chicken that most people wouldn’t think to do.
All of the ingredients for my Texas Pete buffalo chicken recipe can be picked up in the pizza section of your grocery store. Get the fresh cheese and sauce if you can, and bonus points if you find a cheddar / mozzarella mix.
The Texas Pete hot sauce and blue cheese crumbles are both bold flavors that don’t overpower each other, meaning each bite is balanced with spicy and savory flavors.
If you want to make your own homemade dough, I recommend this 72 hour dough recipe. If you’re not a blue cheese fan, feel free to substitute with ranch dressing. It’s your pizza, feel free to wing it a little bit! (Pun intended.)
Each recipe makes one pizza, but when you shop for the ingredients and buy one ball of dough, you can easily get two pizzas out of your grocery trip. This makes my Texas Pete buffalo chicken pizza recipe perfect for tailgate parties – the hardest part is waiting for your oven to pre-heat! Once you’re hot and ready to go, getting the pizzas cooked is fun and easy.
Texas Pete Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Baking Steel
- Pizza Stone
- Pizza Peel
- Parchment Paper
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing
- 3 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 ball pizza dough
- First things first, preheat your oven before you start prepping the ingredients. You need to pre-heat your baking steel or pizza stone in the oven at 550F for an hour.
- While your oven is pre-heating, divide your dough into 1/2 ball portions if needed, then set the dough on a floured surface and cover it with a towel to let it rise.
- Shred your rotisserie chicken (other cooked chicken is also fine) so that you have 1 cup of shredded chicken for each pizza you plan to make.
- Toss the shredded chicken with 1/2 cup Texas Pete hot sauce for every 1 cup of chicken.
- After your oven has pre-heated for an hour (try to be patient!) your dough should have risen enough that you can stretch it and assemble the pizza.
- Stretch the dough out on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, on top of a peel. Make sure you put flour on your hands before stretching the dough. Don't stress if the shape isn't perfect!
- Add 3 tbsp pizza sauce to the top of the crust and spread it around on the pizza evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza.
- Also top the pizza with the shredded Texas Pete buffalo chicken and blue cheese crumbles, and drizzle with blue cheese dressing or ranch. Tip: Try not to overload the crust.
- Launch your pizza into the oven onto your pre-heated baking steel or pizza stone for 5-7 minutes. Every oven is different, so keep an eye on your pizza while it bakes! At the 3 minute mark, remove the parchment paper from the oven and rotate the pizza.
- Let your Texas Pete buffalo chicken pizza cool on a wire rack for a few minutes, then enjoy!
Leave a Reply