Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
February 24, 2018
This buffalo chicken pizza looks delicious, doesn’t it? The best part is that it’s made using leftover buffalo chicken. The best chicken to use for buffalo chicken pizza is saucy, breaded, and fried. These are all things that take a while to do at home, so definitely go the easy route. That’s right, no jumping through hoops here – just bring home some tenders next time you’re at the bar, or pick something up at the grocery store.
- ball of pizza dough
- flour for dusting
- olive oil
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- blue cheese dressing
- buffalo chicken tenders that you didn’t make yourself, chopped
- Put the ball of dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Let it rise until it gets to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven and pizza stone / baking steel to as high as your oven will go.
- Once the dough is at room temp and easy to stretch out thin, stretch it out on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, on your wooden peel.
- Drizzle olive oil on the edges of the crust and use a baster to coat the outer crust – this will make it nice and golden.
- Add the sauce – not too much.
- Add the cheese – again, not too much. In the pizza pictured, I think I could have lightened up on both the sauce and the cheese. It’s always a work in progress for me!
- Add the chopped up pieces of buffalo chicken.
- Cook the pizza on the stone / baking steel (with parchment paper) for about 4 minutes.
- Use a metal peel to rotate the pizza and grab the parchment paper. At this point, the crust shouldn’t stick to the stone / baking steel.
- Keep an eye on the pizza until the crust is golden and the cheese starts to brown, about 5-6 more minutes. Use your iPhone stop watch for all this!
- Use a metal peel to get the pizza out of the oven. Drizzle a generous amount of blue cheese dressing on the pizza, and serve!