This week’s Eat, Drink, Bachelor feature is coming a little late because honestly, this last episode was mad boring and I didn’t take notes on it. What I did do however was make a bangin’ breakfast pizza out of my leftovers from Sunday brunch at Worden Hall. Curly fry lovers, this one’s for you.
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded “pizza” cheese (mine was a mozz/provolone/parm/romano mix)
- Curly fries (other kinds of fries / potatoes would also work)
- Hot Honey (optional)
Note: I eyeball the amounts use – practice makes perfect.
- About 90 min – 2 hours before you plan on making the pizza, put the dough out to rise. I put it in a chip bowl with flour and cover it with a tea towel.
- Preheat your oven to 500F or as high as it will go. Make sure your pizza stone is in the oven… I’ve forgotten once or twice.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper on your pizza peel and flour it up.
- Stretch the dough out so that it covers the peel – this week I ripped off about 1/5 of the dough to not use, because I wasn’t in the mood for big fat edge pieces.
- Put olive oil on the pizza crust, especially the edges. This helps your pizza brown up in the oven.
- Put the cheeses on the pizza so that it covers the entire crust.
- Add the curly fries, and another light layer of cheese.
- Tear up the bacon into bite sized pieces and put them on the pizza.
- Slide the pizza and parchment pizza onto the pizza stone in your oven and start a stopwatch or timer to keep track of how long it’s in the oven.
- At about the 3-4 minute mark, you should be able to slide the parchment paper out from between the pizza and the pizza stone.
- Use your pizza peel to take the pizza out real quick and crack the eggs on top. I used 3 eggs – I wouldn’t recommend using more than that.
- Let it cook until the eggs look like they’re done. My oven claims to go up to 500F but I’m pretty sure it’s actually much lower. To get the eggs done, I needed another 10 minutes after cracking the eggs on top.
- Slide the pizza out, cut it up, and serve with some wine!
This week for wine, I grabbed a bottle of Dark Horse Merlot. While it was a good wine, I was kicking myself for not getting some Andre and making mimosas instead. DUH. Biggest missed opportunity yet. Hopefully next week’s episode of The Bachelor is more interesting!